"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Ahhh... spider!

It's officially warm. I just killed the first giant spider of the spring/summer. I've killed a few little ones here and there. And lots of silver fish and ants. But just now I had to squish a spider the size of a quarter. Yuck. Does anyone know if there are brown recluses and black widows in Virginia??

I was thinking Virginia would be perfect... we'll escape the earthquakes of California (our old home state) and the tornadoes of Kansas (our current home state). We'll gain hurricanes, but will be far enough inland that it'll just be a huge storm. I forgot about looking into things on the bug front in Virginia. When we first moved to Kansas, I was a bit freaked out by the bugs here. I guess we'll find out.

3 comments:

Clark Family said...

Oh man Nancy, I have chills reading this post because I don't want to face the reality of the bugs this summer. I have squished a few bugs here and there too, but I don't like to read about other peoples bugs because then I have to realize that we all have to go through it and that I just have to suck it up. Haha! Guess I have to keep my floors clean again because there is nothing worse than picking up an article of clothing and a spider running out from under it! S-C-A-R-Y!!!

Andrea said...

Ugh, bugs are the worst thing about summer!

Kristi said...

We had our first big spider of the season last week. I don't think I'll ever get used to squishing them! Hopefully, you will be escaping some of the nasty stuff when you move. Although, I don't think tornadoes are one of those things. My sister-in-law's house was hit and partially destroyed by a tornado in 2005 in VA. There's probably not as many though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...