"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sneak Peak: Princess Sparkley's Birthday Party


Nancy Drew... I mean, Princess Sparkley

There are about a billion things I should be doing besides this, but it's fun. PS turns 7 in August, just a week and a half after we'll have moved from Kansas. She really wants to have a party here in Kansas with her friends from church and school before we move. I agreed to this several months ago. Now that we are getting closer and there are only a few Saturdays that we have free over the next three months, I'm starting to reconsider. BUT, she's excited, and she wants a Nancy Drew party, so I'm excited too. I love Nancy Drew.

We've almost finished designing the invitations. I wish I had more computer graphics training and a program better than Paint to tweak the invitations to my liking. I'd also like to cartoonize PS, but we'll see. I'm going to play around with our kid art programs on the computer tonight and see what they are capable of. We've ordered most of the stuff for the "sleuthing kits" and have a basic idea of how the party will go. It should be fun.

4 comments:

Mormon Scientist said...

I can only wait for our princess to start pestering us with party requests. Nancy Drew is a great idea for a them party. For Cartoonizing, try www.befunky.com they have a cool free cartoonizer on their site. I just cartoonized a picture of Einstein, looks great!

Cristin said...

Nancy Drew sounds like such a great idea for a party. I can't wait to hear more details about what you do with the kids.

wendys said...

Did you like the Nancy Drew movie? We did. I thought it was great. She's way cooler than Disney Princesses.

Kristi said...

Sounds fun. I loved your pillow case invites two years ago. So adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...