"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cotton Candy





We went to Princess Sparkley's school carnival on Saturday. Basically the won a lot of junk prizes that have already broken, ate a lot of junk food and had an absolutely fabulous time.

The big talk leading up to the carnival was how much they wanted to eat cotton candy. They've never had it. I think they only places we've gone with the kids where they've sold cotton candy is at baseball games, and I'm not about to let them get covered in gooey sugar knowing I have to sit next to them and hold them on my lap for about three hours.

When we finally got the cotton candy I gave them a brief lesson on how to eat it (because I still didn't really want a kid covered in gooey sugar) and let them at it. They both ate about 3 pieces and handed me their cotton candy informing me that they actually didn't like it very much. What!?! It's cotton candy. Even if the flavor is weird you eat it BECAUSE IT'S COTTON CANDY.

Jed and I got stuck eating a bunch of cotton candy because the machine shut down right after we bought ours and we couldn't exactly dump it in the trash right there by all the people who were just turned away from purchasing their own cotton candy.

The lesson I've learned for all of you:
Don't buy each of your kids their own cotton candy. Avoid buying it at all if you can.

4 comments:

Mormon Scientist said...

Ahhh, kids. I don't know if I will ever figure them out. When I was their age I was so into cotton candy that I begged my parents for a miniature cotton candy machine for Christmas. All I can say is that if you have somehow trained your kids to dislike sugar overload you must be doing something right.

Cristin said...

I finally understand why my parents would never buy me cotton candy as a kid. It's messy and bad for you. I thought my parents were such jerks.

wendys said...

I hate cotton candy!

Kristi said...

I think you and Brandon lucked out! I thought I was lucky when Owen didn't like his Pop Rocks. Of course, nothing is ever as good if you HAVE to eat it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...