"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reupholstering Chairs Grand Finale!

So, technically we finished the last chair about two weeks ago, but my kitchen was always too messy to take a picture of the finished project.

Overall, it cost just over $100 for 3 yards of upholstery fabric, a staple gun, two packs of staples, and ScotchGuard to reupholster 8 chairs and give our kitchen table and chairs a much needed, and much improved new look.

BEFORE/AFTER



*As you can see, I need to get a new little knick knack for my table... although what is usually there is a box of crayons and the 8.2 million drawings or notes that Princess Sparkley generates in a day, along with our laptop. Originally I was trying to find fabric that was blue with a yellow accent to match the little jar on my table, along with my white and blue dishes. Then I found this fabric that I loved, so I guess I'll have to find a new little knick knack.

4 comments:

LisAway said...

Congratulations! It looks great!

Malissa said...

What a fun project! I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

And an hour per chair of staple removal.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...