"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

I swore

Before I had kids, (or maybe after I had kids, I don't know) I swore I would never be these people:

1. I would never be one of those new parents with only one kid who doesn't notice anything but the glowing greatness of their own one child (or several children for that matter).


2. I would never be one of those parents with an older child, or with several kids who talked down to new moms like I am the all knowing, all powerful, all experienced person who does everything 100% better than everyone else.



I hope that I am not this person to anyone. Jed had to deal with someone like this today who let their baby empty my entire diaper bag onto the floor during a meeting because their child "was really having fun." And "isn't he/she cute!" Thank goodness all my embarassing stuff, like feminine care products were zipped up and not pulled out for all to see.

And no one ever wants to deal with someone who treats them like they are inexperienced. Or maybe some new moms do want all that advice, but not while being looked down upon. I hate the, "oh, you started your baby with rice cereal at 6 months, that's just what doctors tell you. I started all my babies on solids when they were 4 months old and they are all geniuses because of it" sort of attitudes.

Please let me not be this person to anyone. If I am... I am SO SO SORRY!

3 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Based on your title, I thought this post was going to way dirtier than it turned out. I'm a little disappointed.

wendys said...

I hope I'm not one of those peole either! It's the worst when they bring their child to your house and let them destroy everything and are oblivious to your agitation.

Angela said...

I am worried that I will be the parent with the kid that beats all the other kids up in nursery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...