"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


photo from travelandleisure.com

I'm actually in Chicago* today. (Well, I'm having this post while I'm in Chicago, but I'm writing it ahead of time.) PS learned about St. Patrick's Day in school last week and was quite upset when she found out that Jed and I were going to Chicago and leaving her and the other kids at Grandma's while we scouted out places to live in case this is the next stop on our life journey. I'll let you know if I catch a glimpse of the green river.

*When I think of the river in Chicago being dyed green I think of the movie The Fugitive with Harrison Ford. And then I realize that almost everything I know about Chicago I know from entertainment sorts of things: Never Been Kissed, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Chicago, The Oprah Winfrey Show, etc. etc.

When I told Jed my movie list, he came up with approximately 15 more Chicago set movies just off the top of his head. So here are a few more: Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Adventures in Babysitting, While You Were Sleeping, Breakfast Club, Return to Me, My Best Friend's Wedding, The Lake House, The Untouchables, etc.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I instantly think "My Best Friend's Wedding" whenever I see that river in Chicago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...