"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, March 02, 2009

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars



I came across the recipe for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars here (well, not technically, I got the magazine in the mail and found its online counterpart for you).



You start with a box of Devil's Food cake mix, 1 stick of melted butter and 1/3 cup of milk.



Spread 2/3 of it into a 9x13 pan.
The recipe didn't specify grease or ungreased, mine is greased.
Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.


Mix 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter with 1/3 cup milk. It looks like this at first. I couldn't imagine it ever blending... but it did.




Ohh, creaminess.



When the bottom layer is done baking, cool 3 minutes. Then spread with peanut butter mixture. Drop spoonfuls of Mallow Creme and the remaining dough. Sprinkle with chocolate and peanuts. (I used chocolate chips rather than chopped up baker's chocolate. And I didn't actually enjoy the peanuts, so maybe leave them off.) Bake 18 minutes. Cool.




Review:

The kids loved this. I liked it okay. Jed liked it okay.

The peanut butter layer doesn't stick very well to the chocolate layer, so when you're setting up your bites, it's all falling apart in layers. I liked the chocolate and peanut butter together, the marshmallow factor was okay, but not great. I didn't care for the peanuts at all.

3 comments:

Angela said...

They look delicious! Too bad I can't taste them:(

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

The peanuts were good, I thought. Stop putting words in my mouth. (Continue putting Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mallow Bars in my mouth, though.)

wendys said...

I like the idea of the brownie with the peanut butter on top. I'm not sure I like the idea of the marshmallow creme though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...