"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Traditions


on sale for 69 cents from PartyAmerica

The only Valentine's Day tradition I can remember from my childhood is this- we'd wake up to, or come home from school to- a Valentine helium balloon and at the base of it would be a Valentine card from our parents along with some little treats. For a lot of years my dad would buy everyone a tiny heart box of chocolates. I've carried on the tradition with my kids and they are super excited for their balloons this year already.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That's a great tradition. I always want to start fun traditions like this one, but usually never do.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the idea. I was wondering what I would do for them tomorrow. So this morning I went to the $1 store and bought Valentines balloons for the two of them and 2 cute plastic containers with hearts on them. I've seen them on a blog or in a magazine before so I was happy to see them there for only $1 of course. Now I have to fill them with something. I'm not sure yet, but I have 2 hours to decide. crackers? candy? They are kind of candied out.

wendys said...

Great idea. Kids love balloons!

Erin said...

Thanks for the idea! I got my kids balloons too and was glad to have something non-sugary to give them.

Leslie said...

I love little traditions like that. I set the breakfast table the night before and put a candy in their bowl (chocolate or a box of candy hearts). They think it is so cool to have candy for breakfast! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...