"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reupholstering Chairs #2



The fabric finally arrived (days and days after the Scotch Guard I ordered at the same time). Both deliveries were from FedEx. Both involved me having to open the door in my PJs at a time of morning when I should be showered and dressed.*

I don't love the fabric like I did the swatch of it online. In real life, it's much darker and not so bright. Plus what looks creamish in the online swatch, is more of a golden tan in real life. Ick. But it is growing on me.

Last night Jed pulled that giant pile of staples out of the second chair. He also took all the wooden leg parts apart, and glued them back together since this is another huge problem with these chairs, aside from their fabric ugliness. And since we don't own a clamp, he hung out on top of the chair holding everything in place for 30 minutes while the glue dried. Great for a photo op.

I bought a staple gun and staples. Now I just have to build up the courage, cut some fabric, and start stapling. Wish me luck... and speediness.



*In my defense, I homeschool. And have a baby. So we wake up, eat breakfast, do some school and when Baby X goes down for a nap, then I shower. This is often late in the morning. On days like today. I hurriedly finish a book I was up way too late last night reading and finally had to go to bed before the ending, do a bunch of random stuff, then blog instead of homeschool. I'll do it, I'll do it. In a minute...


**The giant picture with the roll of fabric and PS and Buddy... they are turning the box into a 14 wheeler (I'm not sure why a 14 wheeler, but a 14 wheeler.)

1 comment:

wendys said...

You own a staple gun? That's cool! You know that after you do all this work, you have to keep these chairs FOR-EV-ER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...