"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, February 23, 2009

Moving

We know we're moving in July. Our lease is up July 31. Even if Jed is accepted to the doctoral program at his current university, we'll move to a different place in town. Of all the places he's applied, there are basically 10 areas of the country we could end up living in (all midwest or east or Texas).

He's heard back from two of the schools so far and he was accepted to both. So now we're obsessing over Boston and Chicago.

The kids' reactions:

Chicago: "We'll be able to go to the Olympics when it's there* instead of just watching it on TV."

Boston: "Grandpa will visit us more."


*Hopefully we won't still be in grad school in 2016. I guess it is possible that we will still lived in the Chicago area though.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations on the acceptances! I guess I should stop hoping that you will end up here.

wendys said...

It's exciting to move to new places. Can I ask what he is going to get his doctorate in?

Nance said...

Wendy-
He'll be getting a PhD in Economics.

Aimee said...

Nancy, yay, I'm so glad you found my blog! I haven't heard from you in so long! Good luck figuring out the move - sometimes it does feel like school will go on forever, but it is kind of fun to move around. I'm so glad to know where to find you now!

Angela said...

Go to Boston! I don't like Chicago, my flute case got stolen there during a concert. Plus regardless of the time of year that I have been to Chicago it is always raining. Plus Boston is the flute making capital of the world and I have never been there, but have always wanted to go. In fact it is the birthplace of no-name flute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...