"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, February 02, 2009

Kansas


image from here

When we decided to move to Kansas it was a quick, scary decision. It went something like this: yeah, let's move halfway across the country for a job that will hopefully work out once we're there and have shown that we are committed to living in Kansas (it didn't at first, but then it did). Our families thought we were nuts. We weren't completely convinced that we were sane. I wasn't even convinced I wanted to live in Kansas, it was just what we knew we were supposed to do, what was best for our family at the time.

We've lived here almost 3 1/2 years now (by the time we move it will have been almost 4 years and nearly half of our marriage) and we love it. We've made great friends. The kids have great friends. There's an awesome virtual school through the school district which means I'm not scrambling to pull homeschool curriculum out of a hat. And contrary to what everyone thought (including me) we don't live in the middle of a giant corn field. But in July we move. I'm freaking out a bit because I don't know where we'll be moving, but also because I have this mental list of stuff to do while we are living here and I'm just realizing that the clock is ticking... I have a lot to do before we can go.

4 comments:

Cristin said...

You should move to Tehachapi. They have an awesome grad school here... oh wait, they don't, and it is California where Brandon said he would never move back to... wherever you end up, I hope it is great.

Kristi said...

Do you have Girl's Night Out on your list? Hopefully several times.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

The good news is I can't get into any grad programs so we don't have to move in July. The bad news is, come July, I'm going to be assistant to the assistant manager of the Hardee's in the Turnpike plaza on the way to Topeka.

Angela said...

I hate change...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...