"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kansas List

I started panicking here about all the things we need to do in Kansas before we can move. Here's the list I've come up with so far:

Eat at Lidia's in downtown KC (which, technically is in Missouri).
I believe it was Rachel who told me about this one.

Tour the Kansas state capitol in Topeka.
I've driven past it dozens of times, but the last time we went inside was on a trip to Kansas when Princess Sparkley was one. I figure we should at least go as Kansas residents.

Go to the Kansas City Zoo (again, Missouri).
We're kind of zoo people. We visit zoos in a lot of the places we've traveled to and while we've been to the Topeka Zoo, we've never been to the one in KC.

Take pictures of my kids in a field of sunflowers.
I think I missed this since the big time for sunflowers is late summer and by then we'll have moved.



What else? There are a bunch of local restaurants I think we should eat at. For those of you in Kansas, who have lived in Kansas, or who just have an image of Kansas... what things are quintessentially Kansas that we need to do before we can move?
Visit the Moon Marble Company in Bonner Springs, KS.

3 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Settle down, Beavis. There's a chance we'll just stay right here in town.

wendys said...

I haven't ever been to Kansas so I can't add to your list! Sorry!

Erin said...

Glad to hear that there is still a chance you will stay in town. I am crossing my fingers. I've been wanting to see the marble factory too. Have you seen all the church history sites?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...