"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Job Lists

When my kids were younger, I would draw pictures for my grocery list and give half to each kid. This worked about two times. We are horrible around here about doing chores, etc. so I've come up with a similar sort of list to motivate the kids. I've done it a few times now, not every week, so it's still sort of unique and it seems to be working well.






I cut down the middle and hand half to each kid. They think it's great. And if they do them all, they get what ever increment of money I feel they deserve and I check off that they've been paid.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Great idea! so how does the floor act after they sweep and mop? Of course the kids love to mop but they do a terrible job and they always complain that they can't sweep.

Cristin said...

Wow, Nancy this is a great idea. I don't know how you have time to do so many great things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...