"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Pie


image from Taste of Home

I am not fond of most nuts, peanuts and cashews being the exception. Just two or three years ago I started being able to enjoy a tiny bit of pecan topping a dessert or a muffin. But I'm not crazy enough to jump right in and devour a pecan pie, especially since I spent most of my childhood thinking pecan pies were disgusting, right up there on my list with mincemeat pie (whatever that is). The trouble is, my husband LOVES pecan pie. He often goes to the grocery store for a treat for us a returns with a pecan pie. Yuck. He's brainwashed my kids into liking them... but it has to be a darn good pecan pie for me to be able to enjoy it. Two Thanksgivings ago I was introduced to my brother-in-law's mom's (did you follow that?) pecan pie recipe. It's actually very tasty, but still not the top of my dessert list. So when my current issue of Taste of Home magazine showed up and I saw this recipe for Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Pie I immediately added it to my very long mental list of dessert recipes to try. Where can we go wrong? My husband loves pecans, caramel, cheesecake and pie. I love caramel, cheesecake and am okay with pecans and pie. Hooray! I'm going to try it out soon. Maybe it'll be our Valentine's Day treat.

3 comments:

Angela said...

How are you so skinny?

Erin said...

That looks really yummy. Let us know how it turns out!

Nance said...

This was yummy. And the caramel is the top layer going into the oven, but sinks down to the crust while baking so the cheesecake tastes caramelly as well. Mmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...