"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Reviews

When reviewing a product, please please please refrain from starting a review with: "I haven't used this yet, but...." I read a lot of customer reviews online when I'm shopping for something new and I can't even begin to tell you how many people are reviewing a product they've never used. I especially hate the reviews that tell me about how it looks. Looking at it (even if it's just a picture) is all a person can do when shopping online. I want to know if it works. How it works. If you like it based on more than it arriving in the mail. Not that you like it because it looked nice when you pulled it out of the box.

2 comments:

LisAway said...

How annoying! That's a lot like the people rating a recipe on allrecipes five stars and then listing all the spices and vegetables they added to it. "This was AMAZING! I did add some chili powder 3 cloves of garlic, a dash of Tabasco sauce and a little cumin. And I topped it with cheese and served it with sour cream. This is the best recipe EVER! So delicious!" And the recipe contains tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce and corn, or something tasteless like that. People, people, people.

Cristin said...

My favorite reviews are when people go back over time and keep amending their reviews to say how the product is working. I just bought a vacuum and those were the handiest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...