"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, January 16, 2009

Photographing My Kids

Since I have the new camera and I have kids, this guest post on Make and Takes was perfect for me when I read it today. So, having read that post, while Baby X was napping, I went out in the freezing cold to take some pictures of Princess Sparkley and Buddy playing in the snow that fell last night.

These, if not perfect, were my favorites:


slightly crooked angling making the shot interesting



getting down on her level


focusing on his eyes (or 1 1/2 eyes)

5 comments:

Malissa said...

great link and tips. our pictures are cute! i'll have to try those too!

Jamie said...

those are great! One of my goals this year is to take better pictures and take at least one a day.

wendys said...

Great tips, I will have to try them!

Erin said...

cute pictures! And great snowman. Ours was really ugly and covered in leaves.

Kristi said...

Good for you for braving the cold! I love natural light photography, but I'm having a really hard time with the weather! Nice pictures. I'm glad you are enjoying your new camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...