"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pasta and Vegetable Soup

I got this recipe out of a Kraft Food magazine (I think) several years ago. It's quick, yummy and even my kids (well, one of them) will eat it.


Picture with my new camera.
Bread decoration, complete with bites taken out of it courtesy of Jed.


Pasta and Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 9 oz. pkg. Buitoni refrigerated 3 cheese torellini (cook according to package directions)
1 container (15 oz.) Buitoni Refrigerated marinara sauce
1 14.5 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup carrot slices*
1/2 cup broccoli florets*
1/2 cup sliced and quartered zucchini*
Grated Mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Combine sauce and broth in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes*. Stir in pasta; heat through. Top with Mozzarella Cheese. Makes 4 servings.

*The recipe actually calls for a 16 oz. pkg. of frozen vegetables, but I'm not really a frozen veggie kind of person. I usually steam my fresh veggies before adding them to the marinara/broth mixture so the cooking time there can be reduced.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That looks so good, especially in this weather. I make a similar soup but with canned tomatoes instead of marinara and spinach. My kids don't like spinach so I think I should try yours. But I love spinach!

Jamie said...

That looks so good to me. I've been on a major soup kick and it never gets old to me, but Jake on the other hand, said he's all souped out-exactly like the guy on the Campbells soup commercial that gets dragged down the stairs for more soup. Have you seen that commercial? I wonder if my kids would eat this soup. They are so weird about food. Penny hates fruit. Who hates fruit? She will never touch it unless I am forcing her to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...