"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

New Camera

I've been wanting this camera:


But it retails for just under $500, and I don't even think that's including the lens. I was saving up for it, but something more important to spend the money on kept coming along. So when my parents sent some money for me for Christmas this year I decided to add a bit to it and buy myself a better camera,if not my dream camera. Meet my new camera:


Nikon Coolpix S210 (in plum)
What you can't tell from this picture is how incredibly thin it is. .71 inches.


Here are the few sample shots from my exciting day at home unpacking and doing laundry from our weekend trip to St. Louis:


Baby X looking cute.


All three kids posing for a test picture.


Me. A picture of me I don't even hate.


Buddy.


Princess Sparkley

7 comments:

Erin said...

the pictures look great! I am glad you got a new camera. That is so fun. It is totally worth the money.

Michelle said...

How exciting! Looks like the camera works GREAT! Merry Christmas to you!

Shannon said...

That's great that you have a new camera. Don't you love how clear the pictures are when you have a new camera?

wendys said...

Cool new camera. Baby X has so much hair now!

Shelby said...

I just did the exact same thing at Neb. Furn. Mart. I really wanted the Nikkon slr for $449, and Will vetoed it, so I settled for the Cool Pix. Not my dream camera, but so much better than 2.0 mega pixels. Did you get plum too?

Nance said...

Shelby... we'll have to be careful if we're ever together with our cameras. This was my thought process when I got the plum camera.

-I don't necessarily love plum, but it's not bad.
-It's cheaper by $6.
-It'll make it easier to tell it apart from everyone else's cameras because no one else will have plum.

I guess I was wrong. :)

Malissa said...

great, clear pictures...enjoy!! it's always nice to have a new little gadget!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...