"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cell Phones

We only have cell phones, no land line. It's been over a year and a half and I think I've forgotten what the sound of a regular phone ringing sounds like... I know my kids are clueless because whenever we're out and about and someone has one of those real rings on their phone (as opposed to music) my kids ask what it is. In order for my husband and I to talk as frequently as we like, to each other, for free, we had to get a family plan. The cheapest one gives us 700 minutes a month, plus unlimited nights, weekends and calls to other cell phones with the same carrier (which unfortunately, is only my husband's brother and his wife... not that we don't want to talk to them for free, just that we wish more of our family was on the same plan). 700 minutes a month seems like a monstrous amount of time to talk to people besides my husband. We've never even come close... until now. I'm blaming it on the holidays, but I only have 25 free minutes until 9 PM tonight. And then I have free nights, and tomorrow, our next billing period starts and we begin fresh. How did we talk for over 700 minutes this month? Who were we talking to? I don't even like talking on the phone that much.

4 comments:

Angela said...

How come we don't talk more then? I never call because I thought you didn't have any minutes...

Nance said...

Ha! I never call you or anyone to "chat" because I don't want to interrupt whatever it is they are doing. I figure you're busy. You can call me all you want after nine and on weekends. And, assuming this month is a fluke, you can call frequently during regular times. But don't start until after 9 tonight... I'm down to 18 minutes. And if you have T-Mobile you can talk to me anytime, for as long as you want.

Cristin said...

We were within 3 minutes (or so) of going over last month. And now Erik and I are with different providers (stupid iPhone) and I worry about my minutes even MORE now.

Leslie said...

Now that Calfornia has that no talking on your cell law while driving I never use the darn thing and the 1,000 minutes I pay for. Ben & I were just talking about reducing our plan. The only time I ever had to "chat" was when I was running errands. Sorry Mom - that's why I don't call anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...