"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Buying Books

Here's the thing... I love books. I love buying books. But since Jed has been back in school, and our bookshelves have always been filled to capacity, we've become great patrons of our local library. It used to be that we'd go on a date to Borders and spend a bunch of money. Now that we don't buy books (and we have three kids that don't let us leave the kids' section) I use Borders as my jumping off point for what to check out from the library. OR, I use my Borders Rewards coupons and get 20-40% a purchase. Right now I have two $5 of a $5 purchase coupons, $5 I earned in Borders rewards AND a Borders gift card I got for Christmas. And I have this huge dilemma... I don't know what to buy. I just keep thinking things like, "yeah, but I can just check that out from the library." I never thought I'd have a hard time buying a book. Any recommendations for a book I'll definitely want to own when I'm done reading it?

6 comments:

Angela said...

Your library must be awesome, ours is lame. All it has is really old cook books from the 70's...I have no idea for books. Everytime I get a gift card I labor over spending it. It is like precious gold that I have to use on something extra special. Its kind of stressful, but in a good way.

bootzomega said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE BOOK'S!!!!

wendys said...

Do you have any Elizabeth Gaskell books? Those are ones I would re-read. And I can never find them in the library!

Michelle said...

a cookbook? You can always use recipes over and over? =)

Rae said...

Have you read the series by Chris Stewart? I've always bought them through Deseret Book but I wonder if Borders would have them? They're fabulous and you would definitely want to read them again.

VAWritingQT said...

I know exactly what you mean. I used to have a weakness for buying books, but now I just say, "that's at the library" or "I wonder if the library has this yet?" I used to also go to b&n or borders to see what was new and exciting. Now I go to the new releases section at the front of my local library which is not even a 3 minute walk from my front door.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...