"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, December 01, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

Okay, so I finally got around to making these muffins I've been wanting to try. I went in with high hopes, got skeptical in the middle, and was greatly pleased with the final product. Unfortunately, as I was pulling the last batch out of the oven I realized this is NOT the recipe I bought the heavy whipping cream for. I hate when I'm scatterbrained. Not only do I not remember which recipe the heavy whipping cream is for, I also made a completely different recipe, all the way through, instead of looking to make sure this was the right recipe. Oh well, these are delicious. Make sure you have a tall glass of milk nearby though.

Oh, and the smell. I wish I could capture the smell of my kitchen right now and post it for you. It smells so yummy and peanut buttery. Mmm.


Recipe and better pictures here.

Here are my notes on the recipe:

I used less salt - it calls for 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. I never put in as much salt as a recipe calls for. I used a little less than 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.

Vanilla yogurt - I didn't have a cup of sour cream. I had approximately 3/4 cup sour cream. And a sleeping baby. And I'd already been to the store today. And the batter was mixed and the oven was preheated. So, I also didn't have plain yogurt, which is a good sour cream substitute, instead I used about 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt. It seems to have worked out okay.

I set the timer for 15 minutes and started checking them then until the full 20 minutes just to be safe.

The batter is really thick... like a gooey cookie dough more than a batter. So it didn't rise much for me in the muffin tins. Luckily I took all of that into account and filled my muffin cups almost all the way full so the little bit they did rise finished it off to perfection.

Princess Sparkley's review: These are really good. I wish they were cupcakes.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Peanut Butter muffins sound good. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins sound even better. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip OATMEAL muffins?!?!?!? Why didn't I ever think of this seemly genius combination before? I had no plans for Tuesday, now I do...can't wait, can't wait!

LisAway said...

Guess what we're having for dessert tonight? And breakfast tomorrow, of course. I'll let you know how they turn out.

And my favorite chocolate muffin recipe calls for vanilla yogurt. Mmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...