"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm home

It only took two hours longer than it was supposed to, which isn't horrible, since it was all traffic, not bad weather. But we were only four hours away... so two more hours made the trip 1.5 times as long as it was supposed to be. Yuck. It snowed, but not enough to cause bad driving conditions, so I'm thankful for that.

Now I have to:
Unpack.
Do Laundry.
Shower.
Get ready.
Do Princess Sparkley's homeschool work.
Take her to regular school.
Pay a bill at the grocery store.
Grocery shop for the essentials: milk, bread, diapers.
Figure out what to eat for dinner.
Get loads of mail out of our tiny little mailbox.
Hide Christmas presents we bought and that Grandma sent home with us.
Make something with the heavy whipping cream I bought last week and expires today.
Find recipe I was planning to use the heavy whipping cream in.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins... maybe?
Find other heavy whipping cream recipes since it's more than enough for one recipe.
Maybe my oatmeal cream pie cookies?
Bake.
Catch up on over 100 blog posts I ignored all week/weekend.
Blog.
Nap.
Read.
Eat.
Feed kids.
Etc.


To tide you over while I do all that:

The kids wanted to climb on the roof while grandpa put up the Christmas lights. Jed decided to go up and let them be on the roof for a couple minutes. No one fell... hooray!




Cahokia Mounds. Collinsville, IL
(Enlarge and you can see the St. Louis Arch in the background of the center picture.)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Your pie below looks so good!!
Welcome home. Traffic sucks and so does coming home to a lot of chores. Unpacking is my least favorite! Hopefully it gets done quick so you can enjoy that heavy whipping cream. :)

Jamie said...

I'm making something with heavy whipping cream today. Zuppa toscana.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...