"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tag

I like filling out questionaires and surveys. Even at the doctor's office. I think it's fun. It's sort of like writing a list (which I also love), except the questions are provided. And this one is a Christmasy survey... so here goes...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags - Usually wrapped. I love making a present look good. This doesn't always happen. Or I guess I should say, I love presents that look good.

2. Real tree or Artificial - It's pathetically artificial. When we live somewhere that a real tree can fit, I'm definitely having a real tree again.

3. When do you put up the tree - When I get sick of the kids bugging me about it... usually during the week after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down - Hmm... I don't know. A few days after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog - I don't know that I've ever actually had eggnog. I do not like the idea of eggnog, and that's why I've never tried it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child - Cabbage Patch kids... back when they were the "IT" toy of the season and hard to get a hand on. And I remember getting a radio/tape player one year that I was super excited about.

7. Hardest person to buy for - My dad. He has everything he wants and if he doesn't have it, he goes out and gets it. This is especially annoying around Christmas and his birthday.

8. Easiest person to buy for - The kids. Although I need to start catering a lot more to their lists and not my version of their list.

9. Do you have a nativity scene - Two. One is Fisher Price for the kids to play with. The other is a little wooden tole painted set. Someday I want a really nice one like this or this.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards - Mail. I love writing, sending and receiving Christmas cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received - My family always let us open one present on Christmas Eve, aside from PJs, and I chose this huge box from my brother. I was probably 5 or 6. Inside was a smaller box. And then another. And another. Until I got to this sandwich sized box and inside was a small stuffed animal dog. I guess the present wasn't so bad. I liked the dog. I was just so mad at him for tricking me.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie - I don't think I have one. I guess A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas - Early. I've been done for several weeks except for the random item here and there.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present - I don't think so.

16. Colored or Clear Lights - Clear. Although my tree has green and red, so at some point, that must have been what I picked. My kids are disappointed that the lights in our window are just white.

17. Favorite Christmas song - It changes every year. I used to love "I'll be home for Christmas." This year I've really been loving "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home - We prefer to stay home... too many Christmases near both of our families that were nonstop other people's traditions with no time for our own.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star - Angel, I think because that's what Jed prefers. I always had a star growing up. If I ever get a new tree top, I think I'll try to talk him into a star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning - Family presents Christmas Eve, Santa presents Christmas morning... Jed's tradition.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color - Everything. We went to a party the other night and I loved that the people's tree still had all the ornaments their kids had made for them when they were little. It wasn't all Martha Stewart and formal, it was a real family's tree.

22. White or Warm Christmas - I guess a white Christmas is always nice, but every Christmas of my childhood was in California and warm.

23. Favorite Christmas Tradition - Aebleskivers Christmas morning.

24. Favorite Christmas Location - All of my Christmases have either been at my parents' in California, or at our house here in Kansas. So, I guess as long as I'm home and I'm with my family, I'm happy.

25. Who do you tag - Whoever feels like answering some questions.

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Oh I just LOVE Aebleskivers! I've only had them once with my roommates forever ago, but I thought they're about the best breakfast food ever! (we didn't have ours filled like in the link, but they were delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...