"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yummiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (aka what I've been living off of for days)

A good friend and possibly the kindest person I've ever known makes me these cookies every Fall. I finally got the recipe from her this year. They are yummy and make a lot.

According to my husband, they are kind of weird and taste better the second day.

Princess Sparkley loves loves loves them. But I'm not sure her taste in food is really trustworthy.

Buddy likes them okay, but again, he didn't inherit the sweet tooth the rest of us have.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 14 oz can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
2 tsp vanilla

5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves

3/4 cup applesauce

1 bag chocolate chips


Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Combine dry ingredients. Add half of dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Add applesauce. Add remainder of dry mix. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. It will be sticky. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Wow. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of my very favorite things. I could eat them for every meal. I love that you love them, too.

I'm very sad, though that there's no canned pumpkin in Poland and I've only seen pumpkins at the store once and didn't buy them. Looks like no pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for me this season. :( Maybe I'll have to settle for zucchini chocolate chip. Those are good, too. But it's not the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...