"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey and Me


image from igourmet.com

Here's the deal, I hate turkey. For some reason this really bothers people. I'm cool if you hate some foods... not peanut butter, but other foods. Like brussel sprouts. Or spinach. I even like spinach and it's totally okay if you don't. So why do you all freak out when I say I hate turkey? When Jed and I were first married this was a huge deal for his mom around the holidays... what was she going to feed me?? I think I've finally convinced her that I'll survive on the other 30 tons of food served up at holiday meals. Especially because stuffing, potatoes, rolls and pumpkin pie are among my favorite foods... right up there with Peanut Butter M&Ms.

4 comments:

LisAway said...

I'm not much of a turkey fan, either. Sort of like, why would you eat turkey if you can eat chicken? Chicken = yum. Turkey = meh. It's better with cranberry sauce, but I only eat it on Thanksgiving as a matter of tradition.

And I hope you can somehow manage to have a happy Thanksgiving without eating turkey. You probably can't, though. :)

Malissa said...

I generally am not a fan of turkey. It just depends on how it's cooked. When I cook it, I put it in a brine. It's a little moister and easier to swallow.

Erin said...

My kids don't like turkey and my dad kept teasing them and saying, that's unamerican!

Jenni foo foo said...

I like Turkey, but why do we have to have it every year? My hubby and I were just saying we should have a mexican fiesta next year. Forget the turkey. We'll have to invite you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...