"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Telling Time

I've had the same Fossil watch that I got from my parents for Christmas one year long before I was married. It has to be at least 9 or 10 years old. I love it. I can't live without it. I've worn a watch essentially every day of my life since I was 10 or so. I must have a watch on or I feel naked.

For our first anniversary, I bought Jed a watch because 1) a watch is a nice one year anniversary gift, and 2) the main reason, I couldn't understand how a person could function without a watch. It was unfathomable to me.

More recently, I had a friend who didn't own a watch, a cell phone, and had no working clock in her car. She could tell whether or now she was on-time or running late based on the bank time and temperature signs she drove past. Luckily our town has an over abundance of banks, many of which have a time and temperature sign, so she was never too far from a clock. But still? I nearly bought her a watch just to give me a peace of mind.

Last Thursday my watch broke. I've had the battery die many times and have been without a watch for a day or two until I could get a new battery put in. But the clasp came detached from the face of the watch. I'm hoping it can be fixed. I could handle a new watch... but no watch. Yikes.

For the past few days, thanks to Princess Sparkley's generosity, I've been sporting this lovely watch:


6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm a freak about time and like to be punctual wherever possible. I live by my watch. I feel your pain, I had to get a new watch last year because the one I had since BYU became irrepairable.

Your daughter is so generous to share that lovely princess watch. Be careful...i hear those disney princesses are addicting!!

Cristin said...

My watch broke and I haven't bought a new one now for 2 years. I use my cell phone for the time, but even that is irritating to me. I just need to buy a watch!

julie said...

Love the princess look! I only have a sports watch, which I can wear most days, but on Sundays for church, the purple velcro sports look doesn't go too well with my dresses, so I have to suffer three hours without a watch.

LisAway said...

That is so funny. I always had a watch on as a kid, too. Now I ALWAYS have to know what time it is and I feel naked without a watch, too.

I don't get how some people can NOT look at a clock when they wake up in the night. I always have to know exactly how much sleep I have left ahead of me.

Erin said...

I have to have a watch on too. But I am not sure if I would wear the princess one. That is so funny! And I am with Lisa that I have to know what time it is in the night. So I must have a watch with indiglo.

Angela said...

Adam bought me a watch for Christmas last year, he said he was tired of looking at my Timex triathalon watch while I played my flute in fancy concerts. I guess the two didnt go together too well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...