"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Host


image from amazon.com

I've slacked on blogging lately because I don't feel I have anything to say (do I ever really?) and because I was consumed by Stephenie Meyer's book The Host. I hesitated to read it, just as I hesitated initially to read her book Twilight. I think I might have actually liked it more than the Twilight series. There were a lot of similarities (as similar as a book about teenagers and vampires can be to a book about an alien invasion). I'm impressed with people like Meyer who can create such alternate realities to what we live in and have it all flow together seamlessly.

5 comments:

Rae said...

Guess what? I didn't like this book. I feel guilty writing that because I really like Meyer! I felt like it could be edited so much more!!!

jazzykins said...

I loved this book! You could tell she got a different editor because the writing is so much better than the Twilight books. No 3 page descriptions of trees, Yea! Then again there are some long rants about the desert... Anyway, both my husband (big sci-fi nerd) and my brother-in-law (bigger sci-fi nerd) really liked this book too. It is my favorite of Meyer's books, so let me know what you think when you finish it.

wendys said...

I agree, I liked this book better than her others.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Any word yet on whose eyeball that is? Steph(howeveryouspellit)nie Meyer's or an eyeball model's?

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

While I'm here, what kind of crap luck does What's-her-face Meyer have? First of all she gets stuck with a first name that everyone's going to misspell her entire life, then she marries a dude with a last name like Meyer that everyone is going to assume is Meyers. So now she has a name no one can spell at all and she might as well be an unpronouncable symbol like ≠.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...