"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

Facebook had me at hello...

So, I used to be really opposed to MySpace and Facebook. I had a MySpace account for my ten year high school reunion and I found a few friends that way. But I only found like 12 people I knew and wanted as my "friends." I joined Facebook at a class where I was teaching ladies at church about blogging and a friend was talking about Facebook. I didn't have an account and it was easiest to start from scratch, so she set up an account for me. I have found long lost high school friends, college roommates, professors, etc. People I've been trying to track down forever. I'm obsessed. And I'm obsessed with Facebook flair. You know, flair, like all those pins the waiters at TGI Fridays have. They are all so funny. Anyways, this is the funniest one I've seen lately (ie: today). And you sort of have to have read Twilight* to get it and it helps to have seen the movie as well. But when this scene in the movie happened, I thought, "was that in the book? It doesn't fit."




*It's sort of funny how huge Twilight has gotten. I read it when it first came out because Stephenie Meyer is LDS and went to BYU and I'm up on all those writers because I wish I was them. Of course I was skeptical about a book dealing with a teenage/vampire love story, but I read it, enjoyed it and tried to pass the word along. Mostly everyone thought I was nuts. At the time my book club was talking about possibly reading Dracula, I mentioned Twilight as a fun book about vampires. They all thought I was nuts. Now they've all read the whole series are are more obsessed than me. Funny.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I didn't realize your read them that long ago. How funny. Funny pin too.

Irish said...

I am with you ... never signed up to facebook until another friend got me started and now I am hooked ... My passion is the Lil Garden and 'The Farm' ... I then told a few friends about it and now we are all on it .... Love your blog by the way ....

Rae said...

OK, Nance, I need help! I don't even know how to access Flair on FB. Help me?!

Shannon said...

I saw the movie and thought there were some parts that were so cheesy they were hilarious, but ultimately I found it to be a good movie!

However, I couldn't finish the book - I made fun of it through about half way and couldn't go on.

Now that I've seen the movie though, I want to know what happens :)

P.S. The spidermonkey flair is hilarious!

Erin said...

I saw it today so I listened for the spidermonkey. That was not the only thing that wasn't in the book but it was still fun. You really beat the trend on Twilight, but it took a full out national trend for me to even consider reading a teenage vampire love story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...