2. I can never get the right amount of candy. Usually I buy a ton of my favorites and we end up giving every last piece away. This year I bought a bunch of kid favorites (ie: Dum Dums, Starbursts, Smarties, etc.) and we have a ton leftover.
3. My kids insist that the trunk-or-treat is not enough, that we need to go door to door as well. To be fair, while all the other kids circle the parking lot 3+ times, we only allow our kids one trip around. But they still get a TON of candy.
4. Gory costumes. Especially gory costumes on little kids, or adults at parties where little kids are present.
5. The fact that women use Halloween as an excuse to dress like a tramp.
6. That the majority of adult women Halloween costumes are "sexy" costumes.
7. Carving billions of pumpkins.
But I realized last night after pushing the stroller up a hill and walking door to door with my kids that I really like Halloween. I'm not going to claim it as my favorite holiday. I will very rarely dress up. But I enjoy it. It's fun and exciting and I like dressing the kids up.
Here's some of the cool stuff I saw this Halloween that I want to remember for next year:
- Sawing a pumpkin in half and placing a taper candle in each half.
- Gutting a pumpkin and then carving polka dots in it.
- Carving pumpkins in a nontraditional fashion (ie: sideways so the stem is a nose, etc.).
- A spiral pumpin (like how you peel an orange with one long piece of peel, I saw one like this with toothpicks holding up each level).
- A bubble blower that was blowing dry ice bubbles or something. Very cool. Like this.