"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Brrr it's cold!

It seems like our summer lasted into a warmish fall and then fall was very brief and the colorful leaves were all gone and the trees were just skeletons. Like most days, I checked weather.com this morning to see the forecast (my kids are looking forward to snow, it was in our forecast last week but didn't happen, I am not looking forward to snow at all). This morning... at 8:20 Kansas time, it's 16 degrees. SIXTEEN DEGREES! When I moved to Kansas I assumed it would be like my college days in Utah, that being the only other experience I had living in a location that actually experienced a true winter. Kansas is much much colder and much much icier. But then again, I didn't have access to weather.com each morning back in college. I did call our local bank's time and weather hotline but it rarely got anywhere close to the teens. Am I remembering Utah wrong?

I just want to crawl back into my warm bed and hibernate until April or so.

3 comments:

Angela said...

No you aren't remembering wrong, it wasn't that cold in Utah. I thought it was at the time, but I am learning what a real winter is quickly in Rexburg. The other day i tried to walk across campus, but I got too cold and had to turn around and run back to my office.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

While you were lying in bed contemplating 16-degree weather, I was walking to the bus stop in said weather.
I cannot overemphasize how wonderful of a husband you have.

Josh and Harmoni said...

I have been truly grateful to be able to still be wearing shorts. I briefly felt myself missing the snow....BRIEFLY!!!! Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...