"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

They're baaacckk...


Can you see all the tiny ladybugs on my window?

Last year our home was invaded by ladybugs. I've seen one or two inside in the past week, but that's it. I went and ran errands for about two hours today and when I returned home our front windows, door and under the roof overhang* were covered in them. As are the inside of the front windows. Crazy. I know they are trying to hibernate for the winter after all the research I did last year, but my question is: why weren't they here the first winter we lived here. They just showed up last winter and then again this year. Hopefully they'll all find their way into my lamp again this year and I can vacuum them up when they are dead and the kids are asleep. Is that mean?

*Which I'm sure there is a fancy name to describe this... an eave??

1 comment:

Rae said...

My parents house is invaded by ladybugs every year too! My mom sets off bombs to kill them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...