"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, October 05, 2008

More Halloween Food


image from RhodesBread.com

I was looking for a recipe for monkey bread* made out of Rhodes Rolls and found all these cute Halloween recipes.


*Here's my monkey bread childhood memory. My brother has always done well with older people. He's always been best friends with people my parents age or older, even as a teenager. I don't remember why, but this woman from church brought over monkey bread to our house in a big brown stoneware bowl for my brother. Maybe it was for our whole family and I just assumed it was for him because growing up, my brother loved monkeys. His room was covered in monkey posters. He had tons and tons of monkey stuffed animals. So obviously, monkey bread would be for him too. I remember sitting at the island in our kitchen, watching the Smurf **movie and eating tons and tons of monkey bread. So whenever I think about monkey bread, I think of the Smurfs... La la la la la la, la la la la la.

**They are making a live action Smurf movie... maybe a trilogy!!

1 comment:

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...