"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Jason Mraz

I would just like to proclaim my love for Jason Mraz. No, not a boy crazy crush kind of love, although I see why you might think that following my last post. I love him like a love Hugh Grant. I love Jason Mraz's music, while I love Hugh Grant's movies (and, in the case of Music and Lyrics, his music as well).

I saw Jason Mraz on Good Morning America or something about 4 years ago when he was talking about his first famous song which had just come out at the time, The Remedy (I Won't Worry) and he'd written it about his best friend who had been diagnosed with cancer.

These are the things I like about Jason Mraz:
1) his songs
2) he seems crazy fun*
3) the words he uses (lugubrious) while throwing it all together with slang, etc.
4) his music is a bit of everything - pop, rock, jazz, hip hop, folk

*Even more so when I watched this clip and found out that he's a raw foodist... he only eats raw, unprocessed foods. AND, he lives on a 5 1/2 acre avocado orchard outside of San Diego, CA. I grew up on a 2 acre avocado orchard.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love Jason Mraz too. A few years ago I went to one of his concerts in Flagstaff and afterward I got his autograph and a picture with him. I told him I liked his robot dancing and he laughed at me. I like his music too, do you have his new cd?

Nance said...

Yeah, I have his newest one and Waiting for my Rocket. I don't have Mr. A-Z.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...