"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Facebook Friend Requests

I have a Facebook friend request from a girl whose name I do not recognize. I ignore these kinds of friend requests. I get super annoyed when I have friend requests from people who think that just because they know a lot of the people I know that they know me as well. If you don't know me, you don't know me. Period. End of story.

So this Facebook friend request girl that I ignored requested me again a day later with the message "Do you recognize who I am?" Ummm... No. I ignored you. Either I do know who you are and I hate you. Or I have no clue who you are. And no, the 1 by 1 inch picture of you and some other person, at least ten years older than the last time I saw you, doesn't help. NO. I don't recognize you. Oh, and the married last name with no maiden name. That doesn't help either. And a message asking me if I recognize you. Also, NOT HELPFUL. Maybe a "hey, we went to elementary school together." Or, "hey, remember when our soccer team won the state championship?" (Assuming I was ever on a soccer team and they ever won anything.)

Argh...

6 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Your soccer team won the state championship?! What are your views on haunted houses?

Angela said...

Some people have no common sense. The Facebook feature that I hate is when people reply to a thread and then I get their message too and I have no idea who they are. It is super annoying.

Rae said...

I have not jumped on the Facebook bandwagon and I'm not sure I will after reading this!

wendys said...

My hubby hates the same thing. I haven't joined facebook, and so I avoid the problem.

Erin said...

hey nancy, do you know how to change your facebook name? After I joined I realized that it is very helpful to have your maiden name on there, since most of the people I am reconnecting with never knew my married name anyway. But I don't know how to go back and change that.

Rae said...

You'll never guess what I did this afternoon....join Facebook! I was talking to a friend of mine who now lives in UT and she was talking about Facebook. I challenged her to give me a good reason as to why I should join. I'm not so sure she gave me a great reason but she wore me down! So....I'm on. If I send you an invitation to be my friend will you say no? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...