"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

Baking Mishaps


They look great. They taste... not so great

First I made these, which were promising, but didn't live up to the promise. Then this weekend, since I always have black bananas, and am always looking for a great banana bread recipe, I made a recipe called Fudgy Banana Muffins, or something of the sort. It sounds promising, right. Pumpkin and chocolate chips are good together. I love frozen bananas covered in chocolate. These should be delicious. Unfortunately, they aren't. Once again, only Princess Sparkley likes them. There's just something a bit amok with them (... tofu* or something). I'm going to have to stick baking known successes for awhile to get my baking self esteem back.



*joke from the Hugh Grant movie "Two Weeks Notice," there is no tufu in these muffins.

4 comments:

Rae said...

Oh dear! You poor thing!! Have you tried the Lion House banana bread recipe? It's super good. If you want it I can e-mail it to ya.

Cristin said...

Whenever I make something awful I feel obligated to eat it, even if it is awful.

Nance said...

Rae- I just checked my one Lionhouse cookbook and I have a banana nut bread recipe... so as soon as my new bunch of bananas goes black, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Cristin- I've eaten 1 1/2 and I keep letting Princess Sparkley eat them figuring at least I'm not wasting them.

Angela said...

I tried to make my mom's roast yesterday for sunday dinner and it turned out disgusting. I was so mad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...