"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baked Potato Soup


image from here

It was 1996. I had just started at BYU and was home to get my wisdom teeth pulled during a break. Jed had a broken ankle. My mom's brother was in town. He took us (my parents, Jed, and I) out to dinner at Tony Roma's. It was the first and only time I've eaten there. Since I'd just had my wisdom teeth pulled, and we were eating at a restaurant famous for its ribs, my choices for a meal were limited. I ended up getting their baked potato soup. It is the yummiest soup I've ever eaten. I saw this recipe* today and decided one of these cold fall days I'm going to have to give it a try.

*I have another Baked Potato Soup Recipe from a Taste of Home recipe winners cookbook that I'll have to post later on... remind me.

5 comments:

LisAway said...

I just sat down with a very cranky and sick little boy on my lap and opened up your blog. He saw that soup and stopped his whining and said, "Mmmm-mmmm!" All enthusiastically. He just ate a good dinner so I know he's not hungry. I think he just wants me to make this some time!!

Rae said...

Mmmm-mmmm sounds about right to me!! I could go for a bowl right now!

Shannon said...

It didn't give the recipe just the tony roma's website. I'd love to have that recipe - I'll have to search for it. It sounds so yummy!

Nance said...

Shannon-

Sorry, I pasted the wrong link. It should be fixed now.

wendys said...

I loved the twice baked potato soup from the pendulum court (BYU). Did you ever try it? I have the recipe here somewhere...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...