"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What Should We Have For Dinner Tonight?

What should we have for dinner tonight?

Wouldn't it be great if I could ask that question and you all would immediately respond (in time for me to actually make your suggestion for dinner tonight) with fabulous recipes that sounded easy and oh so appetizing? Wouldn't it?

As it so happens, I have a menu for you to chose from. You see, Jed decided a few weeks ago that we should only spend money on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. 1) To hopefully save money by not spending it needlessly. 2) To show ourselves how much money we spend needlessly when we have to buy everything on a Saturday to last until Tuesday and we're dishing out huge sums of money. Or something like that. I just thought it seemed doable, and sort of a fun challenge. So I've tried to keep up with it.*

Anyways, so in order to shop on only certain days, I've had to be better about planning out meals so I'm not stuck needing sour cream as a key ingredient to a Wednesday recipe when there is no sour cream in my fridge.

Here are my menu choices for tonight:

Creamy Italian Chicken (except this should have been put in the crockpot hours and hours ago and my crockpot is in the dishwasher from cooking pork the other day).

White Chicken Chili (too warm of a day for this, and I need to hunt down where I found this recipe so I actually have the recipe before I can make it)

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
(wait, that's not a meal!)**

Sweet Crust Pizza Dough
(with toppings, of course)

Breakfast (but like I've said before, to Jed, breakfast for dinner is my salmon)

BLTs (except the bacon is frozen and I don't think I actually have tomatoes. Mental note: add tomatoes to grocery list).

Chicken Fettuccine

Spaghetti (again with the no rolls... you have to have some sort of a roll with spaghetti)



*Last night I even made, from scratch, rolls to have our BBQ pork sandwiches on because we'd had pork tacos the night before and had a TON of pork left over but I hadn't planned on needing rolls. And it was a Monday. So I made rolls. They didn't turn out great... I followed the recipe, they just never rose (rised? raised? rose doesn't seem right when talking about bread rising). But they were edible, and I didn't spend money. Yea me. (Pat on the back.)

**I finally made these and blogged about them here. The are delicious!!!

6 comments:

Cristin said...

My guess is that you'll end up having
Chicken Fettuccine. That is a pretty good idea to only spend money on those days. We use cash for everything. That is equally hard sometimes.

Rae said...

I so wish I could have a personal chef! I absolutely despise making dinner. I would vote for the pizza. Sadly I bought a frozen pizza at the store tonight @ 6 PM. I need to stay out of stores!!!

Erin said...

Where is the muffin recipe. That is what I want for dinner.

Nance said...

Erin- Once I remembered where I got the muffin recipe, I added the link... it was Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.

Jamie said...

white chicken chili! I love soup season in the Fall.

Erin said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...