"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Spying On You Spying On Me



I love websites like StatCounter and Google Analytics that allow me to spy on you spying on me. Maybe it's the fact that when I was little I wanted to be a detective when I grew up, I've always been a bit obsessed with Nancy Drew, I spent hours watching Murder, She Wrote, with my grandma and I love shows like CSI and Alias. So I like spying on you.

From StatCounter I learn that mostly what you want from me are the following:
Cake Box Cookie Recipe
Bath Pod information
Book Reports or Cliff's Notes on various young adult novels
(shame on you teenagers, do your own homework!!)

When you look at the StatCounter I've placed on Jed's blog so I can spy there as well, these are his big draws:
World's Youngest Grandma (33.11%)
Pirate Nicknames (31.95%)
the occassional person searching for reviews of commuter bikes
grammar help

It's interesting to see what other people are looking for on the internet... and I guess it's not really YOU, you guys, my loyal readers, use Google Reader and jump to me from your own blogs, etc. It's the random people trying to find a bath pod to bath their baby in that I'm spying on the most. Have fun spying.

2 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I <3 stat counter! For some reason, I seem to always have between 70-85% of people visiting my page for 5 seconds or less... Strange! I guess it's spambots stealing my e-mail address...

??

Lisa said...

I almost wish I hadn't installed my sitemeter, as I waste a good deal of time watching it or trying to figure out who THIS person is, etc. I should have stuck with the cluster map alone, so I wouldn't be able to see where people came from, where they clicked out, how long they were on, etc. It IS rather fun, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...