"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Slimy Teeth

For those of us who were orthodontically challenged in our younger years, we know about finally getting our braces off and how weird and smooth and slimy our nonmetallic teeth felt.

In this past week the following has happened that seems somewhat similar to that slimy dental experience:

1. I removed a large hunk that was part of my key chain and now it fits in my hand strangely because my hand was used to the way it used to be shaped and how much it used to weigh and how it folded up into a hand-sized grip.

2. A part of my ugly fake tooth chipped away last night as I ate a Blue Bunny frozen ice cream cone. (I know, not an apple or a steak or a carrot, but frozen ice cream). I already hated this tooth, so it's not too big of a deal, but it feels weird in my mouth. I haven't decided yet if that's because it needs some serious dental attention, or if my mouth is just having to adjust to a different way than the way that tooth has felt for the past 13 years. I actually thing that it's shape is much better than before. But to my mouth, it feels weird.

3. I go back and forth on what brand of shampoo and conditioner I use and what type of deodorant I use. I don't know why, I just do. So the other day I finished off my old shampoo and conditioner and switched to a 2-in-1 variety. After I washed my hair and was done in the shower, I just stood there for a minute trying to figure out why it felt like I wasn't done, even though I was. Then I realized it was because my shampoo and rinse, then condition and rinse, had been reduced to shampoo and condition then rinse. Done. I just wasn't used to that routine yet.

What other strange feelings are there?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, this is slightly (or maybe entirely) different, but one day I just had the lyrics to a song I learned in Elementary school pop into my head. I started singing out loud, "Abewham Lincoln was a poow fawm boy, bown in the gweat midwest." SO WEIRD that I remembered it even with my speech impediment! SO WEIRD!

Hatch Building Co. said...

I love the shampoo moment! Classic!!

Have you ever gone to take a drink of something - and it's not what you thought it was. Even if it's something good, or something that you like - because it's not what you were expecting, you feel like you should spit it out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...