"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes

The Baking and Blogging Poll Winner was Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes (click for recipe) from Cassie at How To Eat A Cupcake. So tonight I baked them, and now I'll blog about them.



This is an original How To Eat A Cupcake recipe. I'm so envious that she created a recipe. I'm not that brave in my baking. I'll adjust salt content, but that's about all the tweaking I do to a recipe. I love the idea of this recipe, a raspberry lemonade cupcake. I think I love it because I once had a raspberry lemonade cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory that was TO DIE FOR. This recipe was easy. They taste good. But I didn't fall in love.

Jed and I both gave them an "Eh. They're okay."

Princess Sparkley gave them a "Can I have two? How about one and a half?"

Buddy ate half of his (but he doesn't have the sweet tooth that the rest of us have) and Princess Sparkley won big time because she got to finish the second half of his.

To be fair to the recipe, we're not actually big fans of cake. I know, I know. It's cake, who doesn't love it. But Jed's mom always seems to pride herself on remembering to get Jed a pie for his birthday since he's always preferred pies. And I'm more of a cookie/brownie/candy girl. I like cake when it's dense and not fluffy. I think the place where I got my wedding cake is the only cake that I really really like... and I love it.

Not to mention that the pictures on How To Eat A Cupcake look way better than mine. Especially the frosting. So maybe if I'd eaten hers instead of my poor imitations, I would have fallen in love.

I'm excited for How To Eat A Cupcake in October because she'll be featuring Autumn recipes. And while my husband has already told me that pumpkin is okay, but just in a pie, I like pumpkin recipes!

My mom's potato cinnamon rolls came in second in my poll ... and I'll be baking up a batch for you soon.

2 comments:

Josh and Harmoni said...

Thanks for posting this!! SO glad they won!!

Hey-I read on Erin's blog that you won't be around to see the KC temple.....where r u guys going?

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Aww I'm sorry they didn't knock your socks off. But thanks for trying them! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...