"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman


image from readingeagle.com
"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman -he looks tough and I don't - but I guess my own looks aren't so bad."

from The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton


The Outsiders is one of my favorite books, so when Jed told me Paul Newman had died I quoted these opening lines from the book to him. My experience with Paul Newman is this quote, salad dressing, popcorn and the movie Cool Hand Luke which Jed made me watch a few months ago. Then Jed explained the many other exposures I've had to Paul Newman and was just unaware of. But I think this book quote will stick with me the most. That, and Jed referring to baby Buddy as Baby Paul Newman all the time due to our little boy's blue blue eyes.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is sad! At least he's not suffering anymore though.

I love his salad dressing....oh and his movies :)

Jamie said...

This isn't about Paul Newman, but I think I might be upset if the cinnamon rolls doesn't win. If the raspberry lemonade cupcakes win, please promise me you will still make the cinnamon rolls. Oh, and thanks for the freezer recipe link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...