"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, September 05, 2008

Melting Mascara


image from maybelline.com

Just FYI, if you happen to be baking at very high temperatures, or perhaps over an open fire, mascara (or at least the $4.99 Maybelline variety that I buy) melts at approximately 450 degrees. I know this because while making this Pioneer Woman recipe, I opened the oven and it felt like each of my eye lashes was getting squeezed together by a boa constrictor with a few of its neighboring eye lashes. It wasn't painful. When I took the mascara off the eye lashes were fine. It just felt... odd.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Oh man! I use that very brand in your picture! Thanks for the info...good to know! Glad you weren't hurt!

Leslie said...

I've had that happen before - it does feel so weird!

Angela said...

That is hilarious! Everyone says that your nose freezes shut here in the winter, I wonder if it will feel similar...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...