"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, September 01, 2008

I'm A Real Live Actual Adult

It's official. I'm old. Nothing like a new calling at church to make a person feel that way. I just got called to the calling my mom had when I was six years old (how old Princess Sparkley is now), the calling I remember her having for most of my childhood. A calling she had when she was at least 16 years older than I am now, but it still makes me feel like a real live actual adult. Which is a bit frightening since being married and having three kids only sort of made me feel like I was a real live actual adult. Like I've said before, in my mind I still think I'm 23 or so. And I guess a 23 year old could be Primary president (the lady in charge of all the kids 11 and under at church). And I'm replacing a Primary president that is just about my own age. So it shouldn't seem so crazy... but it does.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I've had that calling and it is weird to see everything that is involved. As a kid you never know all the work, preparation and meetings that are involved. Let alone the stress of making sure your teachers show up each week. If you need any help or ideas email me anytime - I kept a file of most of my sharing times and activities. It's inevitable that in this church you'll have the same calling at least twice. :)

I just got called to be the primary chorister and it's my 3rd time with this calling. So thankful for my "file" - I highly reccomend you keep one too.

Cristin said...

HA ha. Yup, we're all getting old. My sister-in-law, Kirsten, has that calling. She replaced someone who had been in there for almost 7 years. So maybe you will have this for 7 years... WOW. Good luck. I haven't been in primary since we were nursery leaders 6 years ago. You'll be great.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

When they officially called you on Sunday, I thought, "It must be weird for some of these people to have a Primary president who's so young." But then I realized you just seemed young because your husband is so unsuccessful. You're actually sort of on the oldish side of things now.

Rae said...

I feel your pain...about getting old that is. I was PP in my old ward and was just called back in April to be 1st counselor. You know we're ancient when we're called in be RS Pres!!!! :)

Malissa said...

Congrats! I had that calling up until a while ago when we moved. You'll be great!! I'll e-mail you my favorite on-line sights and resources. Hope they have the primary program written. Hehehe. They didn't when I was called. But, it all worked out.

Angela said...

Yup, we're old. I was in Utah last weekend and I realized it has been 12 years since we moved into Whitney Hall. That makes me feel older than any calling ever could. It looked exactly the same except random freshmen were walking in and out and DT is a big hole in the ground.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...