"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Drum Roll, please

I won a blog award. Actually, two. I'm so excited! And honored! And every junior high and high school English teacher I ever had would be so mad that I just started two sentences with the word "and." Totally unacceptable. But I'm excited!!

Rae, fun lady and owner of the sweet bunny that I wish I could call my own, over at My Life on the East Coast chose me to receive the following awards:






So, here's the thing. They were two separate awards, and then they were awarded together, so I'm splitting them up again to share the love.



Lisa at Away From It All who I realize won this award last week, but I really do love her blog. Her blog is fun and witty and full of stories, everything I want my blog to aspire to be.

Jamie at How Charming who I sort of grew up with, but because of that whole age thing where when you are 12 you totally aren't hanging out with a 10 year old, I barely knew her. And now her blog cracks me up and I wish we were neighbors.

Natalie at 100% Cottam has a blog full of a modge podge of stuff interwoven with her bubbly personality that makes me smile and wish we were neighbors too.




Marta at m.writes is the wife of one of my favorite friends from college and even though I've never actually met her in person, she seems like his perfect match. She has an eye for design and layout and a talent with words, and she's a brand new mommy to a handsome little guy.

The Crafty Crow is filled to the brim with so many fun crafts that my kids would love, I just need to get around to doing some of them instead of marking them all as favorites and waiting for another day.

How To Eat A Cupcake is really satisfying my recent obsession with cupcakes. I think I have all the ingredients purchased and waiting to be baked into two of her yummy creations.

Cristin of Tales of an Ordinary Housewife has some of the craziest stories to tell about being an ordinary housewife and they are all true. Plus she's a friend whose husband I had a crush on when I was three.


To my lucky winners, (who were listed in no particular order) here are the rules for passing the awards along:

"Official" Rules (in case anyone would like to read them)
1. The winner(s) can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link to the person you received the award from.
3. Nominate other blogs (up to seven) to pass along the award to.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of people you've nominated.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations! Do you win any prizes?

Lisa said...

Thanks so much, Nance! You're very kind. Too bad you're the one who gave it to me this time around because I can't give it to you, and if someone else had given it to me I would have! Thanks again!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Thanks lady! <33 :) :)

Jamie said...

I don't know what to say. First, I'd like to thank God for giving me this talent. . .

Don't mean to sound sacrelig, I was trying to sound like one of the rappers accepting their mtv music awards.

i've been a bad blogger lately. And a bad commenter. i always read your blog and LOVE it. I feel quiet lately. Thanks though. maybe I'll feel inspired or motivated or something.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooooh, thank you thank you! i'm blushing! :) hmm. now, who to pass this on to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...