"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, September 19, 2008

Chicken and Rice Casserole for a Crowd

Recipe for a meal?? you ask! Yes, I'm actually posting a recipe for a non-dessert item. Shocking, but true. This is actually what I'm making right now. It's a different spin on a chicken and rice casserole and my kids really like it (as long as I cut the green things big enough for them to pick out). This is doubled and makes two 9x13 casseroles (I half it.*) So it's called...

Chicken and Rice Casserole for a Crowd

Ingredients:

6 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut in bite size pieces
2/3 cup chopped celery
6 green onions, chopped
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 cups maynnaise
1 cup evaporated milk
4 cups cooked rice
3 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix
1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
1 cube butter

Directions:
Mix first 8 ingredients (all but stuffing, almonds and butter). Divide mixture and place in two 9x13 casserole dishes. Make topping by melting butter and adding stuffing mix and almonds. Sprinkle topping on both casseroles. Bake at 35o for 30 minutes.

*I made up this perfect table showing the halved recipe and the huge recipe and how much for each, but Blogger won't allow the HTML and I'm not HTML fluent enough (or at all) to fix it. So sorry.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Have you frozen this before? I'm wondering if it would be a good freezer meal for when the baby comes. Speaking of which, I need recipes like that for when the baby comes. Any you can send my way? I think I'll do pioneer woman's lasagna.

Nance said...

I haven't frozen this... but it seems like it could be frozen. I don't freeze a lot of meals because I've just never had a lot of freezer space. But I have a chicken enchilada recipe that I freeze. And I'll email my mom and see which recipes she froze when she and my dad had their knees replaced.

Shannon said...

That sounds really good! We'll have to try it this week!

wendys said...

It sounds good!

Dansie Family said...

sounds good and simple. and i know how you fell with the green stuff. if it is broccoli my kids will eat it, but no other green stuff is allowed. i just try to chop them small enough they don't notice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...