"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Book Ratings

I've always wished that books had ratings. Not good or bad, but like movies do (ie: G, PG, PG-13 or R). Even TV shows these days have ratings. But I've never really done anything about it. Isn't that how things go, you have a brilliant idea and don't realize the brilliance of it until someone else does it. It's the same with all the mommy gadget inventions like knee pads for crawlers that you look at and say "I should have thought of this!" So goes my brilliance. And this brilliant idea that I never fully thought about...

My mom sent me a link yesterday (as my mom tends to do) to a news article about a woman who has started a website where she rates books. Why didn't I think of this?!? I read enough. I'm already over 12,000 pages this year. (Don't ask how I do it, I don't know. Basically I stay up late and ignore my kids when I'm in the middle of a great book.)

Anyway, I wanted to share that link with you. And a few others that I came across. Here they are:

www.ratedreads.com

www.bookreviewsandotherstuff.blogspot.com

www.cleanreads.blogspot.com
A Peek At My Bookshelf (check out the button at the top of my sidebar to win books in this blog's giveaway)

I like some of their formats better than others. I would like to just look and see a books rating, and maybe why it received the rating it did. I don't want to read summaries, etc. Each of these sites/blogs also links to similar book rating sites/blogs. Enjoy! And happy reading.


*Can I just take a moment to comment on how out of control my bookmarked pages are?? I had to scroll down forever before I finally got to those reading sites. I need to get organized. In more ways than one.

2 comments:

Deena said...

Thanks for posting about my giveaway! YOU ROCK! Oh, and you're entered in my $30 Gift Certificate drawing!!

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

re: your bookmarks.
Seriously. You sure have a lot of crap on a computer that's NOT EVEN YOURS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...