"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Test Kitchen



So I tried out this Martha Stewart Surprise Cookie Recipe this weekend. It was pretty good, I mean, I ate a ton and all, but a little too rich for me. I'm more of a milk chocolate lover than really rich chocolate. I loved the idea of it all though... the chocolate cookie, the soft chewy marshmallow and the soft frosting on top. Yum. My husband wished the cookie wasn't so dry and crumbly. He wanted them to be chewier... he's thinking along the lines of a cake box cookie*. He greatly enjoyed the batter as well.

*Which, by the way, is one of the biggest reasons people come to my blog according to statcounter.com and Google Analytics.

4 comments:

wendys said...

I would expect them to be soft too, from the picture.

Leslie said...

I think that you should try them with that cake mix I told you about - they are super soft!! These are one of my favorite cookies.

Nance said...

Leslie- Yes, I'll try the cake box cookie recipe like you recommended next time. I just figured that the first go round I should actually use the real recipe and see how it goes.

Our Story said...

These are my dream cookies!!!! I must have the recipe, but I would want them to be chewy. So maybe the cake mix recipe. Yum! I'll trade for my mom's sugar cookie recipe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...