"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, August 15, 2008

Princess Sparkley Goes To School



My husband feels very strongly about homeschooling. I'm sort of on the fence. I want the best of both worlds. I can see that advantages, and sometimes need for homeschooling, but my degree is in secondary education, so I can see the advantages of what we call "regular" schools. I'm sort of getting a bit of both worlds this year.

Princess Sparkley will be attending first grade at a "regular" school for Specials (PE, art and music) as well as History and Science. She's excited. Today was her first day and when I picked her up the first thing she said to me was, "I already have friends."

At home, through a virtual school, I will teach her Phonics/Language Arts while Jed teaches her math. This is the compromise that the three of us have come up with, and right now I'm happy with it.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That really does sound like the best of both worlds if you don't go crazy with the the shuttling. She looks so cute and that is awesome that she already made friends!

Rae said...

Sounds like a great compromise. I wish our town would be as flexible. It's all or nothin'. Right now we're doing the all. I take it one year at a time!

Tell Princess Sparkley to have a fabulous year!!!

wendys said...

I hope it works out well for her this year! She looks so grown up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...