"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Da da da da duhduhduh Olympics


image from en.beijing2008.cn

I love the Olympics. As a kid, my sister would tape all the women's gymnastic events (and in the Winter Olympics, ice skating) and we'd watch them over and over and over and over again. And again. There are events in the Olympics that I don't even know exist. But then there are the events that I love and could (and sometimes do) watch all day:

Gymnastics
Swimming
Diving
Volleyball
Track and Field

Here are just a few of the Olympians I'm watching:


Melanie Roach a 33 year old Mormon mother of three



image from here
Eric Shanteau was diagnosed with testicular cancer just weeks before the Olympics
(he just came in 2nd in his qualifying heat)



image from here
Jake Gibb is my friend Joanna's cousin


Along with these others.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the reporting. I haven't been watching any at ALL and I miss it. Neat to hear the story behind some of the athletes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...