"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, August 04, 2008

My Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies... supposedly
via my dad

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
5 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
16 oz Ghiradelli chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, my dad uses semi-sweet. Eww.)

Directions:
Beat eggs until frothy. Add one cup at a time sugar and brown sugar. Gradually add 2 cups of melted butter. Mix slowly. Add 2 tsp vanilla. Change mixer blades to kneading blades. Mix in a separate bowl: 5 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp soda, and 1 tsp salt. Add to wet mixture. Add chocolate chips. Bake 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees. Take off pan immediately.

Interesting tidbit: My dad and I both follow this recipe and our cookies never turn out looking the same.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This sounded interesting, especially the directions, so I made us a half batch yesterday (using one egg and one yolk). They have a great crispy on the outside/chewy on the inside texture.

I have a Mrs. Field's cookie book and all of the recipes in there require that you bake the cookies at 325, which is quite the opposite of the unusually high 400 in this recipe! The one's from my cookbook don't taste like real Mrs. Field's cookies, though either. Whatever. They're still good!

Lisa said...

Me again. I just made another Mrs. Field's cookie (for the second time) and thought I'd recommend it to you in case you like the chocolate/mint combo (I'm a fanatic). I got the recipe on a friend's blog. They're called Yummalicious Chocolate Mint Cookies. http://ourlittlemicrocosm.blogspot.com/2008/07/yummalicious-chocolate-mint-cookies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...